The Gateway Plaza office building is a new 18-story Class A Office building with 309,000+ square feet of state-of-the-art office space and 14,800+ square feet of retail space, modern building systems, and Gold LEED certification. The building also has a 211,000-square-foot garage with 506 parking spaces on five levels.
The structure consisted of a structural steel framed office building over a cast-in-place concrete parking garage. The building was supported on deep foundations (caissons).
The scope of Froehling & Robertson, Inc.’s testing services for this project consisted of:
- Field soils evaluation during caisson installation,
- Reinforcing steel observation,
- Field and laboratory testing of concrete,
- Structural steel observation and testing,
- Precast concrete observation and testing,
- Spray fireproofing observation and testing, and
- Special Inspection reporting services.