Froehling & Robertson, Inc. was retained to perform soil testing during the fourth phase of the expansion of the Rowan County Landfill.
Services provided during the construction of the facility’s new soil liner system included:
- Evaluation of finished subgrades in cut areas and other areas to receive fill prior to fill placement in accordance with the project specifications.
- Obtaining samples of each proposed fill material for laboratory testing.
- Performing laboratory tests for permeability, classifications, and characteristics.
- Performing in-place field density tests to check for the degree of compaction.
- Reporting results of testing and inspection.